Indian wedding is not only about band baja and barat but the rituals, traditions and values that makes it perfect and memorable for lifetime. Planning an Indian wedding is not easy as we have so many rituals to follow, apart from all the rituals mehendi plays an important role, every woman apply mehendi as a “shagan” including the groom and brides family.
Mehendi ceremony has become such an integral part of the wedding that it cannot be imagined without it. Mehendi belongs to love and is one of the sixteen adornments of the bride and her beauty is incomplete without it. You also must have heard from your dadi(grandmother)after seeing the color of mehendi “tujhe bhot pyar karne wala pati milega”.
Mehendi (henna) is traditionally used for special occasions such as holidays, birthdays and festivals etc. While it roots are traced in India and the Arab world and now has travelled across the world.
There are different types of mehendi designs:
- Moroccan mehendi design: They are more geometric in nature. This is simple design mehendi without flower and peacock. It’s mostly applied in middle-east. If you want to try some different and unique you can go for it as its suits with western outfit also.
- Bangle style Mehendi design: It is one of the most beautiful design and it is very famous and common amongst brides. It looks beautiful in hand and legs as it’s design is in form of bangles. It is mostly made by the floral patterns and some curves.
- The lace Glove: Its trending these days and has vintage design. The hands will be covered as a lacy glove design, it covers the whole hog and do up the entire hand as a glove. It is very intricate and delicate mehendi pattern drawn at the back of the hand.
- Minimalist mehendi pattern: It has minimum design may be with small flower or stars. It’s good for those who does not like full hand coverage and need simple design and most of the bride do not prefer to sit for long hours with mehendi artists, so this one can be a good choice.
- Back mehendi design: Back mehndi design are also very important people choose their design to make it look attractive .You can choose any of the above design for back mehendi design .
- Arabic mehendi: This is always in demand as it is easy to apply, time saving and has simple design. It is one of the most stylish and beautiful mehendi design followed by Arabic girls in their weddings.
- Pakistani mehendi designs: It is mostly used at Muslim weddings where the outline is done by black color and rest with normal mehendi. The black outline and its intricate design makes it look stylish yet traditional.
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR MEHNDI COLOUR MORE DARK.
- Rub your palm before applying to generate heat, the warmness will give more color to your henna design.
- Apply henna oil before applying henna.
- Once the henna is dry apply only sugar syrup avoid lemon. Lemon is only used to hold the sugar granules so apply sugar syrup with cotton.
- Once henna is removed apply mustard oil or vicks vaporub or take a steam of cloves to bring more color to henna.
So please share your thoughts in the form of comments about the above tips. And if you are looking for a professional Mehendi Artist, contact us and hire instantly.